The narrator in Minecraft can be quite annoying when you want to focus on your game. So, are you wondering how to turn off the narrator and play in peace? We are here to help!
Minecraft introduced the narrator feature in Java Edition 1.12. Many people loved the option, letting them play without worrying about the messages. However, many people do not appreciate the narrator feature much. Some players think that it distracts them from the game. Turning off Narrator in Minecraft is incredibly easy, and you can do it in a minute. Let’s tell you how.
Narrator Settings in Minecraft
The narrator has three functional settings in Minecraft when turned on. You can also customize them per your choice and requirement. The settings include
System: This setting allows the narrator to read the system messages, such as commands and notifications. It does not include chat narration.
Chat: When you turn on chat narration, it reads out messages from other players. It eases playing by allowing you to focus on the game instead of the messages.
Both/ All: This setting lets you have both kinds of narration; system and chat during the game. It is usually used by those who do not want to miss any detail when playing.
How to Turn Off Narrator in Minecraft
Besides the three settings mentioned above, you can also turn off the settings. By switching off the setting in Minecraft, you can enjoy your game without any interruption. Yet, the settings differ if you play on a console or a computer. Here’s how you can turn off the settings in either.
For PC users
If you are playing Minecraft on a PC, you need to follow the following steps to turn the narrator off.
- One easy way is to Hold Ctrl + B.
- It takes you to the voice and sound setting.
- Turn off your narration settings here.
- Hold the Windows Start key, Ctrl, and Enter.
- Now, you will see an indication.
- Press the Windows Start key, Ctrl, and Enter again to switch off the narrator.
For X-box Users
Turning off narrator settings on a PC is more convenient than X-box. But, you can quickly do it through the following methods:
- Click on the Settings menu and select Accessibility on the right top.
- Click on Enable UI Screen Reader.
- Select the “switch to this option” on the left side to shut off the narrator.
- Click on the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Choose “Profile and System” and find Settings.
- Select Ease of Access and turn off the narrator settings.
- Another method is to hold the Xbox button on the controller.
- Press the Menu button on the bottom right corner.
- It disables the narrator’s settings.
How to activate Narrator in Minecraft?
Turning on the narrator is as simple as turning it off. Activate the Narrator in Minecraft by pressing Ctrl+B and selecting the option.
Why is the narrator activated in Minecraft automatically?
The narrator settings are already activated in Minecraft when you have enabled the screen recorder in platform settings.