Many of us have gamers in our homes who get super excited to see their favorite game-themed cakes on their birthday. If you also have one in your home, you are at the right place.
We have put together three delicious recipes for birthday boys and girls with different choices of flavors. Check the article to find out the most delicious vanilla, chocolate, and coconut Fortnite cake recipes you’ll enjoy.
Try these simple Fortnite cake recipes to make their birthday even better!
The “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake
Chocolate is the universal favorite of young children and teenagers (and adults like us!)
As Jo Brand says, “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.”
This chocolate cake recipe is bound to make everyone go “Mmm” with the first bite. And be aware, they will not stop soon!
You will need a mixer, mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, baking pans, wire rack, and oven. Mix cocoa powder with a few other ingredients to make this finger-licking good chocolate cake.
Let us tell you the recipe real quick.
- All-purpose flour 1 ¾ cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Cocoa powder ¾ cup
- Eggs 2
- Baking powder 1 ½ powder
- Baking soda 1 ½ soda
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Vegetable oil ½ cup
- Boiling water 1 cup
- Grease two 9-inches round baking tins. You may opt for square tins if you wish.
- Heat oven to 350°F for around 20 minutes.
- Sift flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix all these ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Crack the eggs into another bowl and transfer to the stand mixer.
- Beat the eggs for about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla essence and beat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dry mix into the milk and egg concoction.
- Add in boiling water and mix it well.
- Divide the batter into two equal portions.
- Now, pour the thin batter into your cake tins.
- Bake your cake tins for 30 – 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick if they are done.
- Take out the cake when the toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool them for 10 minutes before taking your chocolate cake out of the pan.
- Shift the cake to the wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, cover your Fortnite cake with your favorite frosting.
Perfectly Chocolate Ganache
Here is a quick chocolate ganache recipe for you if you do not want to use store-bought. You only need heavy cream and cooking chocolate; and viola, you’re done!
- Cooking chocolate or chocolate chips 1 cup
- Heavy cream 1 cup
- Break the cooking chocolate into smaller chunks to melt it conveniently.
- Melt the chunks or chocolate chips over a double boiler. You may also use a microwave; heat for short intervals of 15 seconds.
- Once melted, mix the cream and chocolate properly.
- Pour the ganache over the cake to prepare a base.
- Decorate your cake with a Fortnite design of your choice using fondant.
The Best Vanilla Cake
While we mentioned that most teenagers and young people like chocolate cake, we also understand that many prefer decadent vanilla sponges.
Vanilla is the language of love for many and tastes delicious besides the heavenly fragrance. We have penned down a beautiful vanilla Fortnite cake recipe that you can keep fresh for up to 4 days.
We know it will be finished much earlier than that though!
The best part is that the cake does not get oily or crumbly for up to 4 days. You will also not need to level the top of the cake, which makes it excellent to bake cupcakes with the same recipe. It is an excellent combination of Western vanilla cakes and Japanese sponge cakes.
This moist vanilla recipe requires cake tins, a mixing bowl, a mixer, a spatula, measuring cups and spoons, and a cooling rack.
Let’s take you through the recipe with all the important ingredients you will need.
- All-purpose or plain flour 2 cups
- Caster sugar 1 ½ cup
- Unsalted butter 1 ½ cup
- Eggs 4
- Baking powder 2 ½ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Vanilla extract 3 tsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350°F for around 20 minutes.
- Grease two 8-inch pans and line them with baking paper.
- Sift and whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs using a stand mixer or beater for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar gradually to the eggs and keep beating.
- Mix them for around 7 minutes until the batter triples in volume and turns whitish.
- Incorporate the flour into the egg mix in small batches every 5 seconds.
- Microwave butter and milk together to melt the butter. Make sure not to boil it.
- Pour the milk and butter mix into another mixing bowl.
- Add some of the egg mixtures into the milk while keeping the rest in the mixing stand bowl.
- Now incorporate some of this diluted egg mixture into the egg batter.
- Beat the butter for 15 seconds and turn off the beater
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for another 15 seconds.
- Pour the batter into your greased pans.
- Tap each cake pan on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles.
- Place your vanilla Fortnite cake pans into the oven on the middle shelf.
- Bake them for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Now, take the pans out of the oven and let them cool for a while.
- Unmold the cake and leave on the wire rack until completely cool.
- Your Fortnite cake bases are ready to be frosted with vanilla buttercream.
- Unsalted butter 2 sticks or 225 gram (softened)
- Icing sugar 500 gram
- Vanilla extract 3 tsp
- Milk 2 – 4 tbsp (as needed)
- Beat the softened butter in the stand mixer using the paddle attachment.
- Let it mix for 3 minutes until the color changes from yellow to white and becomes creamy.
- Mix in the icing sugar gradually, running the mixer meanwhile. Make sure to keep the speed low initially.
- Add vanilla extract and beat for further 30 seconds.
- Pour a tablespoon or two of milk to adjust the consistency if needed.
- Use it immediately to decorate your easy Fortnite cake with décor of your choice.
The third cake on the list is another simple, yet unique cake flavor that many people avoid trying at home. But, trust us. This recipe is incredibly easy and everyone at your home will fall in love with this cake recipe immediately.
Who doesn’t like coconut anyway!
Let’s dig into the recipe for this refreshingly delicious coconut cake that takes less than an hour to bake. Decorate it with a white or colored frosting of your choice to get the desired beautiful Fortnite cake.
Take out your mixing bowl, stand mixer, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula, and cooling rack, and get going!
- Cake flour 2 ½ cups
- Sugar 1 2/3 cups
- Unsalted butter ¾ cup or 170 gram (softened)
- Eggs 5
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Sour cream ½ cup
- Coconut milk (canned) 1 cup or 240ml
- Coconut extract 1 tsp
- Shredded coconut 1 cup
- Grease two or three 9-inch cake pans per need and line them with butter paper.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Next, add butter to the stand mixer and beat it on medium speed. You can also use a beater.
- Pour sugar into the butter slowly, mixing at low speed.
- Mix well to combine sugar and butter and increase the speed to medium-high until creamy.
- Scrape down the sides and mix all of the butter and sugar together for your delicious coconut cake batter. Make sure to not overbeat.
- Now add the dry flour mix and the coconut milk.
- Keep beating on low speed until it becomes a thick batter.
- Add in the shredded coconut and pour the batter into the pans evenly.
- Your cake will bake within 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the doneness of the cake.
- Take them out of the oven when done and leave for some time.
- Flip the pans to remove the cake bases from the pans.
- Cool your delicious coconut Fortnite cake on the cooling rack before frosting.
- The next step is to prepare ice to fill between the layers and cover the cake.
Coconut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- Unsalted butter 1 cup (softened)
- Cream cheese 224 grams or 8 ounces (softened)
- Icing sugar 5 cups
- Vanilla extract ½ tsp
- Coconut extract ½ tsp
- Canned coconut milk 2 tbsp
- Salt A pinch
- In a big bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until creamy.
- Add icing sugar, vanilla extract, coconut milk, coconut extract, and sugar to the butter and cream cheese mixture.
- Turn the mixer to a medium-high speed and let it run for 3 more minutes.
- Add sugar or milk to adjust too thin or too thin Fortnite cake frosting.
- Use the frosting as it is or add colors to it for the required pattern on the cake. You can also add sweetened shredded coconut if you wish.
- Try these delicious and simple Fortnite cake recipes to surprise the Fortnite fan at your home.