Tired of using Bone Meal to dye items white? Let go of it then, because now you have a much better option at hand.
Yes, Minecraft has introduced its new item, the white dye, so that you don’t have to paint things white with bone meal anymore. But like all the other things, you can’t get white dye for free, In fact, you can’t even buy it. If you really want it, then you’ll have to make it all the way from the start.
As it has already been 2 years since the white dye was added to Minecraft, therefore many players have already become experienced at making it. However, the beginners still don’t know how to make it. But don’t worry, just start reading this article and you’ll be ready to build the white dye on your own by the time you reach the end. So let’s begin:
Versions that Supports White Dye
Before moving any further, you must first make sure the platform you have supports the white dye feature. Otherwise, you won’t be able to make it. Following are the versions that have white dye available, let have a look at them.
- Java Edition
- Bedrock Edition
- Education Edition
Versions that do not Supports White Dye
As said above, there are a few platforms that do not support white dye in Minecraft, so make sure that you don’t have these platforms. And in case your platform is the one discussed below, then don’t forget to change or update it if you want to build white dye.
- Xbox 360
- Wii U
Materials Required to make White Dye
Now, once you have ensured that your platform entirely supports the white dye item of Minecraft, you are ready to make it. So let’s start with the materials you require and then proceed with the detailed step-wise guide.
The ingredients to make white dye are:
- Crafting table
- Lily of the valley (Get the Lily of the valley from the flower forest biome)
- Bone meal (you can get the bone meal by crafting the bone on the crafting table)
Making White Dye Step-by-Step Procedure
Once you have all the required materials by your side, start following these steps to make the white dye:
- Step 1: Open the crafting menu and select the crafting table.
- Step 2: Visit your inventor and select the “White Dye” item.
- Step 3: Tap the crafting table to open its interface.
- Step 4: Now select a 3X3 grid to start making the dye on it.
- Step 5: Place the bone meal or lily of the valley in the first box of the first row. The moment you place any of the ingredients in the box, the white dye will appear itself.
- Step 6: Now move the white dye to your inventory to activate it so that you can start painting the objects.
Uses of White Dye in Minecraft
The amazing thing about white dye is that it doesn’t only paint or stains the objects, but also comes in handy at crafting different items. So it means that there is more for white dye than meets the eye. Let’s have a look at some of the major tasks that you can perform with white dye.
- White dye is used to paint items like sheep wool, furniture, glass, etc.
- It can be used to make banner patterns.
- Can be used as an ingredient to make a firework star.
- Used as an ingredient for crafting concrete powder.
- Can be used to craft glow sticks.
- Can be used to craft balloons.
- White dye is one of the basic ingredients to create a fad-to-color effect.
- It can even be used to dye water.